Thursday, January 17, 2008

Letter to Cousin

Dear Nathan,

I am writing you this letter to explain my major and main interest in the Public Relations field. I hope that you will gain understanding of what Public Relations entails and what Public Relations professionals write.

Public Relations can be defined as a form of communication directed towards gaining acceptance and understanding. A key factor is building relationships with media, customers, investors, government agencies and so forth. The goal for Public Relations is to enhance the company or agency to its full potential.

The best way for Public Relations to communicate effectively would be through writing. Press releases are what the profession relies on to get information out to the public. This is one of the most important concepts to the Public Relations field. You must collect accurate facts and check them for truthful writing. Then go through the process of writing the press release. Between communication skills and good writing skills you will be able to hit your target and deliver your message effectively.

I hope by reading this letter you gained some depth and clarity into understanding the Public Relations field. Please contact me with any further questions that you may have concerning Public Relations.

Your Cousin,

Katie Jo

3 comments:

Katie H Seamons said...

Katie-
I really enjoyed how clear your explanation of PR was. I felt that your letter was very well organized and spelled out the basics of PR! Great job!

Sanelli said...

Wow:)
Katie Joe, I am impressed,this is only your first assignment and you are already writing amazing!I am excited to see the rest of your work as the semester goes on!
-Mark

Anonymous said...

Katie, your letter was amazing. I feel your letter was very well thought out. Good work!